Saturday, September 15, 2012

Less than a week to go!

Only six more sleeps until the big event! I'm starting to get quite nervous, but not about any one thing in particular, I think, just the enormity of what I'm about to embark on. I've never been one to do things by half though, so I should be used to big decisions by now!

I got my new fancy scales in the mail yesterday (only costing $75 as HBF gave me a $75 rebate on my Wellness cover - yay!) and they are awesome! And even better, I have now lost five kilos since my first surgeons appointment two weeks ago. August 31 weight was 126.1kg, yesterday I was at 121.1kg! It has been hell keeping to the strict protein, low carb diet and basically being on protein shakes all day everyday, but it is only for another week, so I will keep going strong, and I am especially motivated when I get numbers like that on the scales!

I've been to the gym a fair bit over the last two weeks, and I have been working on my hubby to join my gym, so he has succumbed to the nagging and joined as well! Now I know four other people at my gym, which is just another motivator to get there when I can.

I've started working on a vision board to sit on my dressing table in my bedroom. I'm not one of these people that does affirmations or whatnot, but I find visualising things really helpful, so I have started putting together a board of what I want my life to look like, with a particular focus on my health and weight. I'll try and get a pic up when it's finished!

2 comments:

  1. I'm a believer in vision boards, they are great fun to make too!

    x Belinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I was checking to see how you were going over CLR and found this. I am so happy for you! Cant wait to read your updates on your progress as I have been quietly considering the same surgery for some time. So exciting!!! Sending you love as you embark on this journey xx
    Kylie V

    ReplyDelete

Hi guys, sorry to bring back word verification (I know it's a pain), but I am getting masses of spam comments. I'd really love to hear from you though, so please leave a message!