Friday, September 21, 2012

The big day is here!

So today is the big day! Around 2pm this afternoon, more than half of my stomach will be removed and I will be on my way to a happier, healthier life.

A quick run down on what's been happening this last week. I've been keeping really well to my routine of Kate Morgan shakes for breakfast and lunch and then either another shake for dinner or vegies and salsa with an egg for protein. As of Thursday night, I have lost 6.5kg in the three weeks since my first surgeons appointment which I am so pleased with.

Unfortunately on Tuesday night I came down with a horrible gastro bug and ended up vomiting for 14 hours straight - not very pleasant! I'm still not feeling 100%, I had nausea at work on Thursday and had to force myself to breathe my way through it as I had to be there to prepare handover notes for my time off (two weeks). I am also getting headspins whenever I move too fast or sit down/stand up etc, which I never get so it's a bit of a trip!

I have an appointment at my surgeons office at 9am to sign my final consents for surgery - I have to fast from 7am and can drink water until 10am. After my consents I will have some blood taken in case they need it for me in surgery (apparently some people need blood transfusions - fingers crossed I don't!). Then we are off to Mount Hospital for my 11am admission. My very lovely anesthetist has prescribed me a pre-med of valium to have at midday, and then my surgery is all booked for 2pm! I am second on the schedule in the afternoon, and the first procedure is a vasectomy so very quick and then it will be my turn!

How am I feeling? To be honest, I really don't know. Because I'm not physically feeling all that great right now, I think that is affecting my mindset a bit, but overall I am just looking forward to it being over and done with and just moving on to getting my body in shape!

Anyhow, off to rest a little bit more, see you on the other side!

1 comment:

  1. Hope it all went well Bec, and your resting comfortably. Kell's xxx

    ReplyDelete

Hi guys, sorry to bring back word verification (I know it's a pain), but I am getting masses of spam comments. I'd really love to hear from you though, so please leave a message!