Saturday, February 16, 2013

Make me over!

My favourite moment in reality tv, particularly in Next Top Model, is the makeover episode. You know the one where there are tears and fighting and no-one wants to change their look? Hilarious viewing!

I've done the makeover thing a couple of times in the past, but it's always been no fringe to a fringe, or dark hair to foils - nothing that really has that 'wow' factor. I had no intention that today would be the day to change all of that.

I've always wanted to try short hair, but with my extra weight, my face was, well politely I would call it rotund, but quite simply it was fat. Short hair or a blunt fringe were never going to work for me, no matter what anyone said. I had in the back of my head that I'd like to try out shorter hair, but I was waiting on reaching my original goal weight of 85kg. I had a hairdressers appointment this morning, and she was blown away with my weightloss and told me that I had no reason to wait - I deserved to look amazing NOW, not in 5kg time. How can I argue with a woman with Italian blood and shears in her hands!

So I did it. Four hours in the chair and I am a new person. Not just on the outside, but all of me. I feel like everything about the old me has been wiped clean and I am starting again. I have confidence in myself and my abilities - in my career, my relationship, my hobbies, my friends. I'm starting to work out who I am, and I really like that person.

Anyhow, the grand debut of the new me!
Before - from the front. You can see the garish orange on top
Before - from the back. Dark hair with a few foils through
Progress 
The first cut is always the hardest





 And now for the reveal
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.





Short hair!
Even shorter at the back!!!
And I'm a blonde!
Surprised? Me too! Although they do so that blondes have more fun. I'm ready to test the theory out!

5 comments:

  1. You are so beautiful. So proud of you xxx
    Anon cause I don't know how to do it any other way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU LOOK AMAZING! I love the blonde... we have more fun! ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look amazing! I am so proud of you for all of your hard work! you are such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Hi guys, sorry to bring back word verification (I know it's a pain), but I am getting masses of spam comments. I'd really love to hear from you though, so please leave a message!