Monday, September 10, 2012

Getting ready for it all

After a few mix-ups I was able to send off all of the required paperwork to my super fund to get them to release the money for my procedure! Usually it takes 10 days to process but they made some mistakes which delayed me getting the right forms, so they are going to try and rush it through for me - hopefully by the end of the week!

I'm starting to get really excited now. I think the hardest bit of all of this is having to be on a super strict diet before surgery. Since last Thursday, I have had to be on 3 shakes a day, and nothing else except approved vegetables. SO no peas, corn or potato, but yes to snow peas, mushrooms and carrots!

My dietician recommends Optifast, but I've been using Kate Morgan banana and berry shakes for lunch, and Aussie Bodies Lo Carb Protein shakes for breakfast as they are both tastier options. Then I've been cooking a big serve of steamed vegies (approved ones of course!) along with another shake for dinner - yummo! Basically the idea is firstly to lose as much weight before surgery to reduce surgical risk, but also to reduce the fatty liver to enable easier access to the stomach. So far I've lost a few kilos but trying not to weigh myself too often as it can be depressing!

So the countdown is now on! 11 days until a fresh start!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi guys, sorry to bring back word verification (I know it's a pain), but I am getting masses of spam comments. I'd really love to hear from you though, so please leave a message!