Friday, September 28, 2012

Nutrition information - how to transition back to somewhat normal eating

Starting from this weekend, I can commence the 'post surgery transition diet', which basically works in a range of weekly steps to help me get back to normal food textures. The idea is that I will eat four to five mini meals of between 1/4 - 1/2 cup of food each day, and each week I will eat slightly more dense food.

The first week is puréed food - runny scrambled eggs, custard, mashed vegetables, chunky soup, tinned fruit etc. Then I move to minced food - minced meats, tuna mornay's, well cooked veggies, rice with sauces and most deals. Week 3 is soft or casserole food - sandwich meats, pasta, steamed and stir fried veggies, bread, crackers, curried meats, and then finally everything else in week 4 including all meats, bread, nuts and veggies. So hopefully within a month I can go back to eating what I like within reason, and just have the volume restrictions.

This week I am basically living on custard, yoghurt, jelly and apple juice! I have tried cream corn, snuck a potato fry (not good!) and the aforementioned purée, which weren't great for me, so I'm trying really hard to stick with the program as to not upset my tummy.

We had to go to HBF and Medicare yesterday afternoon and the sales people were giving out free samples of Madzoon frozen yoghurt - can I just say that was delicious! And the sample pot was the perfect lunch size for me haha! I have a feeling that samples will be my friend in the coming years!


1 comment:

Hi guys, sorry to bring back word verification (I know it's a pain), but I am getting masses of spam comments. I'd really love to hear from you though, so please leave a message!