Sunday, September 2, 2012

Gadgets!

Anyone that knows me knows I love gadgets. My current gadget of choice is my FitBit. A fitbit is basically a high end pedometer that tracks your steps, but it also tracks what time of the day you did those steps, how fast, how active you have been, calories burnt (and eaten if you use the website to track) etc etc.

I'm loving the graphs it gives me of my progress and how my day has been


Basic info
Graph showing when I've been active

So know that I am embarking on this weight loss adventure, I seriously want to buy their sister product - the Aria scale!

Aria scale

It is a wifi scale similar to the Withings scale, and it automatically syncs to the fitbit account, so you dont even need to remember numbers or write anything down. It also measures bmi and body fat % which i dont think matters at this point, but I definitely want one! Now to try and justify the $150 cost to my hubby!

3 comments:

  1. It suprises me that someone who has to access their super for their surgery would be focused on buying these gadgets. Weight loss involved willpower, you can have all the monitoring devices you want but they don't do the hard yards for you as you obviously know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Bec has done fantastic - she wants these gadgets because she is obviously in to fitness. She has put in the hard yards. People who have not had this surgery do not understand that it is a tool, not a magic wand. The person still has to put in the hard effort and many people report exercising more after then surgery than before. She obviously has put in the 'hard yards' because she looks fantastic

      Delete
  2. I'm not focused on buying gadgets but I certainly enjoy them and find them motivating. Certainly I've increased my activity level since monitoring my steps.

    Also the operation is over $7k which isn't pocket change, a bit different than $150 :-)

    ReplyDelete

Hi guys, sorry to bring back word verification (I know it's a pain), but I am getting masses of spam comments. I'd really love to hear from you though, so please leave a message!