Saturday, September 29, 2012

Gifts from the Dr

On Thursday at my appointments, I was given two little presents.

The first was a book - The Success Habits of Weight-Loss Surgery Patients, by Colleen M. Cook

.
I've only read the foreword at the moment, but am looking forward to going through it and seeing how I can use the information going forward. Apparently this book is used in a lot of bariatric centres worldwide as part of patients guides, so it's nice to get something that has some backing to it. Also it is what our six week succesful habits course is based on, so I can get a head start on homework!


The book I found most hopeful before having surgery, and to help me make my mind up, was an e-book from Amazon called 'Skinny Jeans... at last!Secrets to long term weight loss surgery success'. The parts of the book that spoke to me wa chapter two - 'What it's like to fit into those skinny jeans'. Every reason in that chapter resonated with me and made me say YES - I HAVE to do this. If you are contemplating weight loss surgery, can I recommend you fork out the $2 or so and read it. It will help make your decision clear.


Okay back to my doctors visit - we were also given a little package to take home - I love presents!

 
 
Inside the box was a heap of tools to help keep me on the straight and narrow!

 
 
  • A measuring jug - of which eventually I will eventually be able to eat 1 cups worth, but for now should be aiming for 1/4 to 1/2 cup
  • A minature plate. At three months, I should be able to eat half of that plate (it looks bigger in this picture than in reality - that is an incy tiny fork!), and then in 6 months, I should be able to eat the full plate of food.
  • A cute pair of chopsticks! The dietician suggested eating with the chopsticks if you are wanting a tool to slow yourself down while eating, and I think it is just plain fun!
  • The aforementioned eeny teent fork! I need to get an equivalent sized spoon as well for fun
  • The notes are my guidelines for what I should be eating at each stage

1 comment:

Hi guys, sorry to bring back word verification (I know it's a pain), but I am getting masses of spam comments. I'd really love to hear from you though, so please leave a message!