Saturday, September 1, 2012

Where I'm up to


So there are still five more days until I head to the clinic for my dieticians appointment, but I have been working to get myself ready for whatever they have to throw at me. From reading a lot of forums and blogs, it seems pretty common to be put on two weeks of optifast/optislim prior to surgery to try and shrink the fatty liver down for easier access during the operation. I have never tried all of these protein shakes but no time like the present. I’ve tried a couple of different brands so far, and have found Kate Morgan to be pretty good, as well as Aussie Bodies.

Here’s an example of my food each day:



Wednesday 29/8

Breakfast – Tetra pak Aussie Bodies Protein FX Lo Carb Chocolate milk – 148 calories, 20.8g protein, 5.8g carbs

Lunch – Salad (Broccolli/Carrot/Beetroot/mushrooms), Chicken breast, hardboiled egg, slice of cheese – 343 calories, 48.9g protein, 9.8g carbs

Dinner – Subway chicken teriyaki wrap – 429 calories, 31.1g protein, 47g carbs

Total – 918 calories, 100.7g protein, 63g carbs

Exercise – 15min boxing, 30min walking (320 calories)

Net calories – 598 calories



So far I’ve lost 3kg since the first meeting with the surgeon, and I’m hoping to show the dietician that I can lose weight before the surgery with only half shakes/half normal food, rather than having to do a total meal replacement. Not sure I could do total meal replacement for two full weeks! But I guess I will suck it up if it comes to that. Anything to get to September 21 in good shape.

Current weight -  122.9kg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi guys, sorry to bring back word verification (I know it's a pain), but I am getting masses of spam comments. I'd really love to hear from you though, so please leave a message!