Sunday, April 21, 2013

How much do I eat - 7 months after gastric sleeve surgery

A lot of my friends ask me about how much I can eat now that I have had the gastric sleeve surgery. Today marks 7 months since I had the surgery, and I can definitely eat a lot more than I could in first few months. That doesn't mean my stomach has stretched though. In the first 3-6 months, your stomach has a raw wound that needs to heal, which makes it quite difficult to each much food at all. Now that my stomach has healed, this will be more like what I can actually eat on a regular basis, and possibly a tiny bit more as I reach 12 months and beyond.
Before - my special treat of nachos!

After - Unfortunately my special treat didn't sit well with me so I didn't eat more than a couple of bites



Before - Baked potato with beans and salsa
After - I ate this over about 30 minutes and managed to eat just over half of the potato

Before - Small Lime Chicken Salad from Sumo Salad
After - I have picked out all of the chicken as well as some of the salad. I only had about 15 minutes otherwise I would have probably eaten a little more

Besides some very unglamorous food photos, I have stayed around the same weight this week, hovering at high 82, low 83 kilos. The weight continues to come off, but I am not as obsessive with weighing myself as I was at the beginning of this process. I am a data-oriented person so I love seeing the numbers and tracking my progress, but it's also kind of nice to just let it do it's thing now.

2 comments:

  1. This is really a great blog about gastric sleeve surgery and it is really a very useful post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I think it's so important that you are thinking about all the long term health benefits & not just wanted to look good in a swimsuit :) I can't wait to see pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Hi guys, sorry to bring back word verification (I know it's a pain), but I am getting masses of spam comments. I'd really love to hear from you though, so please leave a message!