Saturday, April 6, 2013

Reaching my goals and beyond



What to do you do when you reach your milestone? Do you celebrate? Do you set a new goal? Is the journey over? This past week I reached a big milestone for me. I set myself a goal of reaching 85kg when I had my surgery, and I am so happy to have reached that goal.

Once of the things I did when I first decided to have the surgery, was to create a goal board - a board which would provide motivation, inspiration, and remind me why I am following this path. My goal board had pictures of clothes I wanted to wear, healthy good, exercise tips, fit healthy women, babies and pregnant women, and the number 85.

My goal board was originally in my bedroom during the early weeks. I needed constant reminding about why my body was hurting so badly. Then it moved into the spare room where I get dressed in the morning, next to my makeup stand. As I got ready each morning, it was almost an affirmation, a quick glance across to keep my mind in the game. As I've gotten closer to my goal, the goal board moved to the study. For a while other things piled up in front of it, and I didn't look at it a whole lot.

Today I pulled down all of the stuff that was hiding it, and had a good look at the things I had set out for myself.


I am so much fitter than I was before. I have been taken Daisy out at night for a run, jogging several km, followed up a gentle walk at the end. It's remarkably easy to jog at this weight. I'm doing weekly Personal Training sessions at my gym, and attending gym classes like Body Balance and CXWorx

The clothes. Oh how I love the clothes. I can walk into stores and try clothes on that I could only dream about before. Nicola Finetti dresses, Sportscraft pants, a crisp Ralph Lauren shirt. Even my feet have changed, going down half a size and fitting into normal sized boots instead of  paying $300 for a wide calf version.

My food choices are a lot better. I am not a fan of takeaway food - no Hungry Jacks or KFC which were a regular item in our dinner choices. I still eat the occasional 'bad' thing, but in small amounts, irregularly. Because I can only eat small amounts of food, I like to make sure that what I do eat is excellent quality.


So what now. Well I am only 6.5 months out of surgery, so I am still in my prime weight loss zone for another 5 months or so. I'm hoping that by continuing with what I have been doing do date, that I will be able to lose another 10kg by the end of the year, and get down to 75kg. To be honest though, it's not something that I am going to worry about right now.  I love my new body, my new lifestyle, and I want to enjoy the moment. I don't want to be constantly worried about not being thin enough or not losing enough weight. My Dr at my 6 month check up said that I do not need to lose any more weight for health reasons, anything from now is just a bonus, and that is exactly how I am treating it.

In saying that, I absolutely want to keep up my fitness, and hopefully do another triathlon near the end of the year, and possibly even a short 5k fun run! Who knows what's next?!

1 comment:

  1. Well done Bec! Has Murray lost any weight due to your new eating habits?

    ReplyDelete

Hi guys, sorry to bring back word verification (I know it's a pain), but I am getting masses of spam comments. I'd really love to hear from you though, so please leave a message!