Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Reviewing my pre-surgery goals

At the beginning of this process, I wrote a post titled 'Things I want to do when I lose weight'. 
I wanted to revisit this list and see how I had progressed.

Parasailing – Weight limits have always kept me away from this, it looks like amazing fun

Nope - haven't gotten that far yet - but only because I can't find anywhere in Perth that does it!

Go rock climbing – similar reasons to parasailing, I think it would be so much fun yet my weight has held me back

Not yet but this is a great reminder - I will have to book in and give this a go! There are a couple of indoor rock climbing places in Perth and I think it would be great fun and an awesome workout as well! Consider my butt kicked and I will try and get to this in the coming month.

Take some dance classes – I love dancing but as I’ve put on more and more weight, I don’t do it anymore because I feel like a fat whale flopping about. I love hiphop dancing, but flamenco sounds pretty awesome as well.


I haven't taken up any dance classes yet, simply because I haven't had the time to do it. This is something that I might give a chance later in the year once I have finished uni classes.

Finish the couch to 5k program – I always start the C2K program but by week 3 my feet and body are so sore that I just give in and head back to the couch with an ‘it’s all too hard’ attitude. I want to be able to run 5km’s and be able to do it on a regular basis.

I now run regularly at least once a week, but sometimes more often. 5k is my regular distance and I actually enjoy the process of going running! This is probably my biggest transformation.

Shop at normal clothing stores – I love the look of clothes in Portmans, Cue, Sportgirl, Tokito but I’ve never been able to wear them. I’ve been a size 18 for most of my adult life, and recently expanded to a 20/22/24 pant size, which as you can imagine is very limiting to the clothes I can buy. I’d love to be able to walk into one of these stores and be able to try on a dress knowing that there will be something there that fits.

 Yep - I do this now! I love walking into every store and perusing through the beautiful clothes. I love that I can buy what I want now, rather than whatever is available that fits

Wear a bikini – Do you know I have never worn a bikini? Not as a child or teenager or young adult. I’m 26 and I’ve been ashamed of my body for most of my life. I know my body isn’t going to be perfect after this operation, and I know that my self-image isn’t going to miraculously fix itself, but I want to be proud of myself, and one day where a bikini. Not necessarily in public, at the beach or pool, but at least around friends or family in a backyard pool. 

I bought my first bikini! Sure, I haven't worn it out in public, but even trying it on was a huge achievement for me. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bec. Looking so good! I've been massively inspired by you and not only your brave choice to have surgery, but your lifestyle choices towards becoming a healthier person. I've just booked my doctors and dieticians appointments with the potential of surgery myself, and I'm determined that I will back it up with healthy eating and physical fitness. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete

Hi guys, sorry to bring back word verification (I know it's a pain), but I am getting masses of spam comments. I'd really love to hear from you though, so please leave a message!