Monday, March 3, 2014

Breaking the 70 mark

As of Saturday, I am down to 69.5kg. It's a pretty big achievement for me to finally be in the 60's. I'm not sure if I will stay there or not, my body is pretty fickle when it comes to what it wants to do, but right now I'm pleased as punch.

This past month, my husband and I have made an effort to make lunch to take to work, and cooking healthy dinners each night. Murray has been using MyFitnessPal to track his food intake which has helped him with accountability on what he is eating. On top of that, I bought him a FitBit One to help him stay focused on how much he is moving. This has made a huge difference to his mindset. He wont go to bed unless he has reached his 10,000 steps each day. If he has a bit to go, he will take the dogs out for a long walk before bed, and he makes smart decisions around parking further away from where he needs to go so that he can walk part of the way.

All of this put together has lead to him losing 8.1 kilos in the month of February! That's an incredible result for four weeks of effort. There was no missing out on food or having a heavily restricted diet. He stick to 2000 calories, and 10,000 steps a day, and if he exercised extra, he could eat back those calories if he wanted to.

We made all sorts of things for dinner: Spaghetti Bolognaise with extra zucchini and carrot, San Choy Bao, Mountain bread rolls with spinach, chicken, feta and salad, and I have learnt how to make the most amazing beetroot chorizo and spinach salad ever! Really easy food but so delicious and much healthier than hubby's go-to takeaway foods.

This first month I did all the cooking of lunch and dinners to be supportive, but it has wiped me out a bit. To help me out a bit, we are going to be getting a cleaner in once a fortnight to help me spend less time cleaning and more time doing cooking which I enjoy. Murray is also going to step up and do more of the cooking, now that he knows what healthy options are available, and how easy they are to prepare.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi guys, sorry to bring back word verification (I know it's a pain), but I am getting masses of spam comments. I'd really love to hear from you though, so please leave a message!