Wednesday, August 22, 2012

What's the next step?

I saw my GP yesterday who was more than happy to give me a referral to my chosen surgeon. I have decided to go with Mercy Bariatric Centre, mainly because it's a holistic approach to weight loss surgery. They do all of the major bariatric procedures, not just lap bands or sleeves, and they have a gym specifically designed for bariatric patients which I think is awesome.

They have exercise physiologists and nutritionists, and a whole team working together for you. They are also involved in a lot of research, all of which makes me very comfortable on the whole.

The video below is from a news story a couple of years ago, and Dr Cohen is the surgeon who I am planning on doing my procedure.


My surgeons appointment is this Friday. To be honest I'm not quite sure what to expect, but I am taking along a girlfriend who has been through the procedure herself who will hopefully be able to keep me on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi guys, sorry to bring back word verification (I know it's a pain), but I am getting masses of spam comments. I'd really love to hear from you though, so please leave a message!