Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The post where I tell you who I am

My first post of a new blog. A fresh start. How cliche, yet it gives me butterflies in my stomach as I read those first few words. I'm about to embark on an adventure. I've been blogging for around five years about my life, but I want to start again with a clean slate.

You see, I've made a decision. Actually, I feel it needs capital letter. A Decision. I am going to have weight loss surgery. A Sleeve Gastrectomy to be precise. I only made this decision a couple of weeks ago, so it's all very fresh and I have a lot of thoughts that I want to get down.

So what is this blog going to be about? I still intend to blog at my current location, but I want to focus this blog on my health.I am hoping to blog everything pre-surgery, the procedure itself and my immediate recovery, and then onwards to seeing how my weight loss progresses and the improvements in my health, through a focus on diet and exercise.

Lose and Hope. The weight loss surgery is about losing part of me. Losing the physical fat that has hindered my life. But this is also about hope. About losing other parts of me that are holding me back, and hoping to gain my true life.

2 comments:

  1. Good on you Bec!

    I'm just a lurker (from your other blog) but I wanted to comment and wish you all the best for the op. It sounds like a smart step and I hope it makes a big difference to your life! My weight crept up and up during IVF and then subsequently through my very lucky pregnancy - if I hadn't got pregnant, though, I think I would have just kept eating and ended up much heavier. I really relate to you wanting to try everything, and really hope it works for you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck, Bec! What a big decision, and a great one for your health :) I hope it brings you every success x

    ReplyDelete

Hi guys, sorry to bring back word verification (I know it's a pain), but I am getting masses of spam comments. I'd really love to hear from you though, so please leave a message!