Monday, January 28, 2013

Weigh in Day

Gee a week comes and goes so quickly. I actually completely forgot to weigh myself today so have just quickly hopped on the scales, and tonight's figure is 93.4kg, which makes it a 900g loss this week.

Each year I try and set myself a goal related to myself. Not a new years resolution, just something that I want to tick off that year. In the past it has mainly been triathlons, which are super awesome, but I need something new. I'm thinking that I would like to try and do my Bronze Medallion. For those that haven't heard of it before, it's basically a swimming lifesavers qualification, but I've want to do it since I was 12. Unfortunately you had to be a minimum of 14 to do the course and so I wasn't eligible at the time, and then other things took over swimming in my life, as they do! My Mum was a swimming teacher, and the love of the water has always stayed with me.

I've got the CPR stuff down pat as I have to have that for work, and already have my Senior First Aid qualification, but there are some things like being able to swim a certain distance in a 15 minute time frame, and from memory you also have to do a fully clothed rescue and tow a person. It's all a little scary, but it's part fitness goal, part life skill that I would love to have, so I'm hoping by the end of the year, that I will be able to achieve it.

Anyhow, onto another week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi guys, sorry to bring back word verification (I know it's a pain), but I am getting masses of spam comments. I'd really love to hear from you though, so please leave a message!