Friday, December 21, 2012

Three month checkup

I had my three month checkup at the clinic on Monday and everything went really well. I weighed in on their scales at 100.9kg! My incisions have healed pretty well, no major pains to report, and the doctor said that I was doing great. I also had my photo taken - they like to take a photo at each appointment to track our progress visually as well.

I met with the dietician whose main concern was my lack of protein intake, and my continuing lack of interest in breakfast (I can't help it, I'm just not a morning person!) I do need to make a real effort to get my vitamins down everyday and be a little more conscious about my food, especially now that I am getting hungry all the damn time.

Lastly I met with the exercise physiologist, and we took all of my measurements and stats. I had them taken a week before surgery (so around Sep 14), and I was so impressed with the improvements! My body fat percentage has dropped from 54.2% to 49.8%, and my FFM (muscle mass) has only dropped from 56.4kg to 51.1kg. The EP said that normally in this first three months for most people, around 50% of the weight lost is usually muscle, but mine seems to be predominantly fat which is a really good result. My resting heart rate has dropped two seconds a minutes.

Body Measurements
(Part of body) - (Measurement 14/9) - (Measurement 17/12)
Chest - 123cm - 119.5cm
Waist - 122cm - 119cm (this one doesn't sound like a lot but my body shape has completely changed, and my upper stomach is completely deflated which I think has caused the part around my belly button to stay the same)
Hips - 140 - 125
Biceps - L 40 R 39.5 - L 33 R 33
Thighs - L75.5 R 78 - L 65 R 65.5
Calf - L 43.5 R 45.5 - L 39 R 40.5


I've been back to the gym a couple of times now, and am starting to get back into the swing of things. I know I definitely need to get a weights program happening, and possibly some PT because I have no tone in my legs or arms, which I'm feeling a little uncomfortable with. I did some ab workouts yesterday and boy can I feel them today! It's all for a good cause though!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi guys, sorry to bring back word verification (I know it's a pain), but I am getting masses of spam comments. I'd really love to hear from you though, so please leave a message!