Sunday, December 30, 2012

Milestones

The milestones are coming thick and fast at the moment! I am very proud to now be under the 100kg mark, weighing in this morning at 97.9kg!

I'm feeling really good, but there are still things I need to work on. While I am getting my fluids in, I'm not great at the regular eating and I tend to eat my food too fast, and not have enough food to keep me full. I had a bad experience at Hans Cafe the other day which resulted in me vomiting for the first time since surgery (not just retching). I think it was the rice that was too dried out and the beef too spicy, but whatever it was, I definitely felt a lot better once it was out of my system!

I have been going to the gym for the last couple of weeks more frequently, and have started a weights routine to try and get my stomach and arms into better condition, as I am definitely starting to notice the excess skin, and am becoming a little self-conscious of it all.

I've sent my polar heart rate monitor and watch off to be serviced as they stopped working a little while ago. While my fitbit is great for everyday walking and activity, I love my heart rate monitor for when Im at the gym and doing cross-training. I'm also thinking of doing some Personal Training at my gym, just to mix things up a bit with my weights.

I went back to work on Thursday after two weeks holidays, and I had so many lovely compliments, especially from guys who aren't usually the type of people to comment on appearance, which made it even more unexpected and pleasant.

So what's next - well I am loaded down with uni summer school (In fact I should be doing my assignment right now!), but I need to keep getting into the gym, and hopefully the weight will keep dropping off me. My goal weight is 85kg, but I really feel that I could get to 75kg if I keep this up, so I want to give it my all.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Bec that is really wonderful news!! I believe you can get to 75kg, but really don't worry about the number on the scale, it's the dress size you want to achieve that tells the story. Please post some pics soon! Happy and healthy new year hun xo Belinda

    ReplyDelete

Hi guys, sorry to bring back word verification (I know it's a pain), but I am getting masses of spam comments. I'd really love to hear from you though, so please leave a message!