Sunday, March 3, 2013

Hitting a BMI milestone!

Today's weigh in puts me at 87.2kg, a 2.2kg loss since last week! I love adding up my running total of weight lost, and as of today, I now weigh 39.3kg less than I did 6 months ago.The other very exciting milestone is that I am officially 'overweight' on the BMI scale! My BMI is currently 29.9! A huge improvement from the 43.3 at the top of the scale in August last year.

I have my 6 month check up with the doctor very soon and had my blood test done last weekend. I got the results in the mail this week, and although I can't interpret everything on the results page, Nothing is too far out of the normal ranges, with the exception of my usual B12 deficiency. Also exciting on the health front is that my cholesterol has come down even further, now down to 4.4! My HDL is still a little low, but everything else is completely normal.

It's been three weeks since I did my measurements, and I promise I won't do them too often, but I definitely feel like I'm starting to get some centimetre shrinkage! A quick look shows that I have lost 2cm each off my waist and hips, and 1cm off my bust this month. Not a whole lot, but enough to know that this is still working! My neck, forearms and thighs are also a little smaller, about 1cm off each.

And for some photo action, I have a comparison photo from 2010 which makes me cringe, and a photo from an awards ceremony last week - enjoy!

May 2010 at the greyhounds

Receiving an award at uni last week

2 comments:

  1. You look amazing Bec, I love your new 'do, very sophisticated! Keep doing what you are doing xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking great, love seeing the "before" and "after" shots

    ReplyDelete

Hi guys, sorry to bring back word verification (I know it's a pain), but I am getting masses of spam comments. I'd really love to hear from you though, so please leave a message!